Thursday, December 30, 2010

TOP TEN GIGS OF 2010

Inspired by Hey Manchester’s Top 20 Gigs of 2010 I decided for the first time here to attempt my own list. I’ve never done this as I knew I could not isolate the single gig in a year that was better than any other – each have their own moments or certain songs that make them special in their own right. So, despite reading that best of year lists bear all the hallmarks of the coping strategies of a nine year old, and not in any ranking, here are my most memorable gigs or performances of the year.



Belle & Sebastian @ Manchester Apollo in December

The Besnard Lakes + Alcoholic Faith Mission @ Dulcimer in March

British Sea Power @ Sing Ye From The Hillsides (Saturday) in May

Jens Lekman @ Deaf Institute + then after-show performance@ Sand Bar in August



The Low Anthem @ End of the Road Festival in September

Megafaun @ Green Man Festival in August

Sweet Baboo @ Green Man Festival (Saturday and Sunday) in August

The Tallest Man On Earth @ St Philips Church in November

Tune-Yards @ Ruby Lounge in February

Y Niwl, Young British Artists, Maladies of Bellafontaine etc @ Cloud Sounds + Red Deer Club in December

No comments: